KITE RENTALS: CORE & F-ONE KITES
CRAZY FLY & CORE BOARDS
Surf Zone has over 15 years of experience with renting and testing kite material. The school offers a wide range of kite and board sizes for it renters.
We do limit the number of rentals per week, as we know that the wind speed can fluctuate quite a bit in a one to two week period. Limiting rentals, ensures that clients have access to a wide range of material during their stay.
Our material is up dated every year to ensure renters have access to the latest and best materials.
Rentals are welcome to come with us to kite beach when we are going for lessons.
If you are renting just a board or a kite, or have your own material and your partner is doing lessons with us, there is a 5 euro transfer fee.
As SAFETY is out number 1 priority we have set some rental guidelines for your safety, for those around you, and for the material.
You must be able to ride UPWIND, in order to rent. (go out and come back to the SAME place on a board)
You must know how to launch and land your own kite
You must have experience kite surfing in DEEP WATER OCEAN conditions and starting from land, not only a boat.
The rental is for the renter ONLY and cannot be used to teach other people or shared.
When not using the kite please deflate the front tube and leave it in the shade or at the school. When returning to the schools please do not walk back with the kite inflated.
You can take the kite to other locations, for this we just ask that you leave as ID with us.
If you have only ever kited in a lagoon or shallow water, we recommend you take a refresher class. There are NO shallow spots here.
Most Independent Kiters kite from one of the following 3 locations:
Kite beach. The wind is more side-on and consistent, conditions wavey and more kite traffic.
Lemebje beach. Is at the east end of the Bay of Santa Maria. More flat on the inside of the Bay and wavey on the outside. Rocky entrance.
Punta Preta Bay Here the winds is slighted more side-off and the water is flatter.
Few people kite in the actual Bay of Santa Maria anymore. There are to many people on the beach and wind often irregular.
PRICES: for complete list please email us at
Please note: Kite Insurance- does NOT cover: loss, destruction or wave riding. Only repairable damages.
Days do not have to be consecutive if you tell us before what days you do NOT want to kite.
All rentals are non-refundable
If you are taking the material away we ask that you leave a national ID with us.
Wind Surf Rentals:
SANTA MARIA SURF ZONE LOCATION:
· Windsurfing in the Bay of Santa Maria is a great surprise every day. Inside the bay the water is more flat and the wind more irregular. But it is a good place for beginners.
· Outside the Bay the wind is stronger and the water can be choppy, wavey or flatter. It really depends on the swell, the wind direction (whether it is more off, side-off or side) and the mood of the ocean. Great for more intermediate and advanced windsurfers.
· Having windsurfed here for 10 years, I can tell you some days are a gift from the ocean and others just plain frustrating. A little like life. But it is fantastic, as it is different every day and the water, flying fish, and turtles make it a fabulous place to windsurf even on the frustrating days.
· Now we must be honest, there are a few boats in front of our school which you must pass to get into the wide open space of the Bay. It is because of these boats that we make our prices a little cheaper than other schools. I like to think of them as a warm up exercise before shooting off like a rocket. What frustration you may feel with the boats we make up with great service.
· We offer an optional insurance for breakage of the material; however it does not include the beach break. But don't worry we have someone who will put your equipment in behind the break and then when you are done, they will come in and take it out past the break. This service may or may not extend to carrying you through the break as well.
· The bonus of this location is there are no rock or reefs, just pure lovely sand.
· Gastra and Gun sails with RDM masts or skinny masts as I like to call them.
· 2.5 to 8.5 meter sails (our larger cambered sails are One Design Sails)
· Fanatic freewaves, gecko and sharks.
· Sitting harnesses are included in the rental price